Monday 12 May 2008

Of friends and acquaintances

The life of a SuperVillain is often a lonely one. There are stages where one acquires friends and associates, flitting from social engagement to social engagement.
And there are other times, where one is left with a handful of acquaintances, wondering where all the good people have gone... (I don't mean "good" in the superhero sense of the word. More like "good quality" or people of a similar mind)
At the moment, I find myself pondering Frank Lloyd Wright's statement: "Less is more" and wholeheartedly agreeing. Why?
Because every one of my friends/associates/acquaintances is either having a birthday/wedding/occasion/party, or any general excuse to cause me to spend my hard-earned money and ruin my World Domination budget!!!!
What is it with these people? Have they no consideration for my wallet and my plans?!?!?!
I think I need a new set of friends. Cheap ones that will be enamoured with a chocolate bar for a 30th birthday present!

No comments: