Thursday 23 October 2008

Yeti or stretch of the imagination?

I've been mulling over this story since I read about it 2 days ago.
Apparently on the left is the footprint of a Yeti and on the right is a human footprint.
Firstly, I feel sorry for the poor individual who had to take their shoe & sock off in frozen Nepal for the shot on the right.
Secondly, I'm supposed to believe that the shot on the left is actually a footprint of a bipedal creature?! Riiiiight. I mean, I have an imagination, a really good one at that. But that's pushing it.
I'm more likely to believe that a bunch of deer got drunk, followed the researchers around, measured their feet at night, made their own mock-up of a human foot (which is quite difficult without opposable thumbs I must tell you - & that'll explain the odd shape better than a change in temperature would) & then trotted around leaving funny impressions in the snow before snickering off and watching the enthralled researchers from behind a bush.
Yehp, about as believable as an abominable snow man that has so cleverly eluded researchers and their cameras for almost a hundred years now.

No comments: