Thursday 3 January 2013

Putting the 'ass' in 'Astrology'


The universe is amazing & mysterious, and our knowledge of it is certainly in its infancy. Yet there are a few things we've learned about it so far, such as:
i) socks never stay paired forever, especially when thrown in a washing machine,
ii) toast will always land buttered-side down, &
iii) the Earth orbits around the Sun

These are all, of course, modern 'discoveries'', which is why I question the statement that "4,000 year old sciences" can help "reveal your future". 4000 years ago, most civilizations either worshipped the sun as a god, or believed in a geocentric cosmos.
I also find it difficult to fathom how E=mc² (the "mathematics of the universe") determines  whether I'll meet a tall dark stranger tomorrow, or if I'll get that promotion.
Call me a skeptic, but I doubt that 'Diana' (who claims to be good with numbers & predicting the future) can tell me next week's winning lotto numbers...

No comments: