Wednesday 14 March 2012

Grin & Bear Grylls it

So everyone's favourite Macguyver guy Bear Grylls has apparently been fired by the Discovery Channel over "contract disputes"
Oddly enough, I saw an unrelated article on him earlier today & was reminded of how much he freaks me out.
I have no idea how his wife copes - he exposes his body & his mouth to all manner of gross things & frankly I wouldn't touch him with a 30ft pole, for fear that his frog or zebra breath would overpower me at that distance.
I can't imagine what happens when he gets home after one of his trips, but if it was me, I'd confine him to a decontamination chamber for a good few days first, insist that he scrubs his mouth out with bicarb, bleach & dettol repeatedly, and ensure that his entire body is scrubbed raw with all manner of cleaning chemicals over & over.
While you can find plenty of information on Bear Grylls' accomplishments & expeditions, I'd love to see a list of all the diseases & illnesses he's managed to pick up during his illustrious career as the Man Who Will Eat Anything.
But while I'm not much of a fan, I'm sure Grylls will have tons of offers from other broadcasting channels who are keen to cash in on his willingness to go naked in inhospitable environments.
Until then, people will just have to settle for reruns. :-)

No comments: