Saturday 12 April 2008

Of Quiet Diplomacy & Other such nonsense :P

There are a number of mysteries in life. Like; why do the English have such bad teeth? Why is it that motorists with personalised number plates are such morons on the road? And what the hell is "Quiet Diplomacy" supposed to achieve???
It seems the crisis in Zimbabwe is going to be 'discussed' by regional African leaders in Zambia soon, and Thabo Mbeki is dashing of to Harare in his super hero suit, to speak to Robert Mugabe beforehand.
Bob is quite adept at the monologuing habit that villains are known for, so I can just imagine the conversation:
Bob: "Welcome Thabo, did you fly here on an evil colonial plane, or did you use one of your own?"
Thabo: "My own Bob, I-"
Bob: "Good. Did you know that I'm considering replacing my organs with synthetic organs, one by one?"
Thabo: "No, I-"
Bob: "It'll extend my life to beyond a hundred, so I can rule Zimbabwe for another 30 years or so."
Thabo: "Bob, maybe you should-"
Bob: "Colonial medicine has advanced quite a bit eh? Even though it's evil."
Thabo: -nods-
Bob: "So after I've replaced all my organs, I'll reign over all Zimbabwe for a long time. Then, I'll have myself cryogenically frozen, so that I can come back 100 years later & rule again! Great idea right?"
Thabo: -nods-
Bob: "Don't you love what I've done with the place?" -indicates to the scenery of Harare- "I'm going for that whole western look. Oh no, not Western, as in Evil White Supremacist Colonial look. I'm going for that Wild West look."
Thabo: -nods-
Bob: "You know, that whole dust, dirt & tumble weeds look. Where people have to eke out a living from nothing, run-down towns and crazy injuns."
Thabo: -nods-
Bob: "So do you like it?"
Thabo: -nods-
Bob: "Me too. I don't think the people of Zimbabwe get it though. I've tried having a word with them about it, but none of them have seen any Westerns, so they don't quite get the idea. It's a pity really, because... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"
Thabo: -nods-
Bob: "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"
Thabo: -nods-
Bob: "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"
Thabo: -nods-
Bob: "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"
Thabo: -nods-
Bob: "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"
Thabo: -nods-
Bob: "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"
Thabo: -nods-
Bob: "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

At this point in time, I'd like to point out that SuperVillains are adept monologuers too. Only stupid people tell others their evil plans, before they've actually done them. And only villain wannabes monologue about worthless information.

No comments: