Friday 15 January 2010

Brits weigh in on handbags

There are individuals out there who paddle upstream, defying trends & opinions to blaze a trail into new territory. Sometimes they are pioneers & sometimes they are people with a lot more money than sense.
While scientists, doctors, organisations & other societies are throwing money, time & effort into such things as cancer & AIDS research, there's always those select few who feel that its the little things that make all the difference in life.
Cue the "researchers" at Debenhams, a British department store who felt it was vitally important to study the weight of women's handbags & how that has evolved over time due to technological advances.
Their "studies" (& I use that in the loosest sense of the word, because I have no idea how on earth they conducted their research & my imaginings are quite hilarious I must tell you) show that because gadgets have gotten smaller & lighter, women's handbags are weighing less over time.
Wow. I would never have thought of that myself. Thank goodness they pointed it out to me. I feel enlightened, & so does my handbag...
Its teams like this that we simply cannot live without - where would we be if they weren't throwing money at research like this? I mean, forget disease, hunger, poverty - women's handbags are so much more important & everything seems trivial in comparison.

No comments: